Monday, October 5, 2009

sappy poem



my love
how you satisfy
this existential chemical hunger

your scent your taste
quenches and soothes like cucumber
the faint complexity of nature manifested so clear and clean

your touch so intoxicating
like cinnamon
fiery, tingling and richly effortlessly perfect

your love washes over me
filling every spiritual need, binding to every receptor, overwhelming and surprising
like creamy vanilla, sweet and indulgent

in the past I had believed that my primary challenge would be
to make peace
with the hunger

but apparently it has become
to strive for the unattainably appropriate amount of gratitude
for such endless satiety

5 comments:

  1. My new favorite poem . . .or my first favorite poem rather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) good. it would be sad if my muse didn't enjoy what he inspires

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got lots and lots of topics percolating in the back of my mind but have just had some life stuff take the priority lately. And I wasn't sure how much y'all were into it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. people are into it. So keep it up.

    ReplyDelete